Strategic, Data-Driven Digital Marketing Leader
Digital marketer with more than 15 years’ experience leading teams and driving revenue for technology organizations. Combines strategic thinking and team building skills with a deep understanding of digital marketing disciplines to meet business goals. Eager to put creative problem-solving, collaborative approach and technical savvy to work in your organization.
- Content and Inbound Marketing
- Marketing Automation & CRM
- Online Advertising
- Website Design and Usability
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Strategy
- Start Up Experience
- Speaker & Presenter
Director, Field & Program Marketing, Neustar, Inc. 2013 – 2015
- Brought on to lead a team of campaign managers from different parts of a newly reorganized company. Worked with each team member to identify strengths, interests and professional goals, carefully restructuring team roles to better meet both company objectives as well as their professional goals.
- The team exceeded 2014 objectives by 15%, and continues to be highly engaged.
- Managed vendor relationships for media buying and search engine marketing, assuring that all stakeholders were appropriately represented with vendor program and deliverables, negotiating $200k annual savings in vendor fees.
- Recommended and facilitated bringing PPC efforts in-house and assisted in training colleague to manage programs successfully.
Director e-Marketing, CEB (SHL Talent Measurement) 2011-2013
- After CEB acquired SHL, there was no cohesive look or approach. Led a cross-function team of 15 people to rebrand and remessage all digital presence, including company website in seven languages, social media, marketing operations infrastructure, and support hubs.
- Project completed in five months, and 35% under budget.
- Developed and launched global social media strategy, including roll out to all employees, managing company-based social media, and achieved a multiple times growth in followers
- Designed and rolled out marketing automation infrastructure which included integration of Eloqua and Salesforce.com, processes for lead management, and system training for sales and marketing team members in 20 offices located globally.
- Developed global marketing expertise through leading a team based in US and UK to supported regional marketing management for EMEA, APAC, Americas and Australia through training, thought leadership and tactical digital campaign implementation.
Director Online Marketing – PRWeb, Vocus, Inc. 2009-2011
- Managed online marketing, search engine optimization, paid search, content marketing and social media for PRWeb, growing lead volume 85% year-over-year.
- Presented on SEO and online news releases at national conferences and webinars. Co-hosted weekly internet radio show and acted as an event reporter.
- Optimized search/pay per click advertising to drive down cost per lead by 42%. Efforts were featured in a case study by Google.
- Managed relaunch of brand and service-based websites, totaling more than 1 million pages
Manager, Online Marketing, Network Solutions, LLC 2004-2009
- Spearheaded the transition of online advertising, PPC and SEO from several external agencies; hiring, training and leading two internal teams – advertising and SEO.
- Provided hands-on, tactical guidance as well as developed and implemented strategic direction to drive eight-digit revenue through online marketing,
- Drove greater than 200% return on ad spend of budgets up to $15MM annually.
- Acted as company subject matter expert about online advertising, SEO and SEM, consulting with and presenting to many parts of the organization. Also spoke at external conferences
- Collaborated with engineering, storefront, marketing, finance, product development, web analytics, design and communications teams to assure successful program implementation
Director, Interactive Marketing WebSurveyor 2000-2003
- Contributed to strong growth, from a seven-member start up in 2000 to a Rising Star on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in 2003.
- Developed strategy, directed and implemented all interactive marketing, lead generation, relationship marketing, collateral and sales support programs which contributed to 1,079% sales growth in 3 years.
- Collaborated on joint survey projects with MarketingSherpa which resulted in pick up by the Direct Marketing Association Fact Book in 2001.
- Early adopter of pay per click advertising as well as search engine optimization to generate leads and revenue.
- Learned HTML, graphic design, and web usability while rebuilding and relaunching the website.
- Wrote whitepapers and did early content marketing through writing “how to” articles on third party websites.
Director, Marketing Communications DYNEX Technologies, Inc. 1998 – 2000
Marketing Communications Manager, Digene Corporation 1988 – 1998
- Oxford University Online Learning, Digital Marketing Courses, 2015
- Bruce Clay Search Engine Optimization Certification, 2006
- University of Baltimore, M. A., Communications Design, incomplete (3.8 GPA). 1997
- Hood College, B.A., Management, Economics and Human Resources 1985
Honors & Recognition
- Invited speaker on Search Engine Optimization, Online Marketing and Online Public Relations
- 2007 Network Solutions President’s Award of Excellence
- 2005 Frost & Sullivan Invited Subject Matter Expert, SEO & Online Marketing
- 1996 Medical Marketing & Media Award of Excellence for patient education and website launch
- CRM and Marketing Automation – Salesforce.com, Marketo, Eloqua
- SEO / SEM products – Google AdWords, Bing, DoubleClick, Facebook and LinkedIn advertising, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools
- Web design – CMS, HTML, CSS, PhotoShop
- Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio)